Theis the national representative membership organisation dedicated to supporting leaders of academies and business oriented units, other state-funded independent schools.
An acknowledged and respected national body, the IAA is regularly consulted by Government and opposition on matters relating educational policy. As a non-partisan organisation, the IAA is able to act as a voice for members.
The work of the IAA is underpinned by a strong sense of moral purpose and a firm belief in the following specific commitments, endorsed by Lord Adonis – IAA Honorary President:
- Making use of our independence for the benefit of the communities we serve.
- Advancing education for the public good by being outward looking, acting collaboratively and contributing to widespread system leadership.
- Maximising the achievement, attainment and progress of all members of our learning communities.
- Working with partners and sponsors to extend the horizons and ambitions of our community.
- Finding new ways to raise educational standards through our own innovative practice and by taking the best from wherever we find it.
- Measuring and analysing progress in a variety of ways to ensure constant improvement.
- Promotes business mind for future leaders and send around the globe.